Our History

The area surrounding Logy Bay-Middle Cove-Outer Cove was within lands granted to the London and Bristol Company in 1610. However in 1627, the company struggled through financial problems and the lands were made available to the private groups. The Name “Logy Bay” itself first appeared on Southwood’s map of 1675, with permanent settlement not beginning until the 19th century. The earliest record of settlement in Logy Bay is from 1818 when Luke Ryan, a fisherman, sought permission to build a fishing room.