Permits and Fees

A reminder that permits are required for construction of residential dwellings, commercial buildings, sheds, garages, greenhouses, extensions as well as repairs, renovations, demolition, advertising signs, fences, private paving of driveways, moving fill and sod cutting.

Please contact Elizabeth Whitten, Finance & Administrative Officer at 709.726.7930 x Ext. 29 for any information on permits or development.

Permits to burn are usually required from early May until early September. Please contact the Department of Natural Resources at 709.729.4180 for exact dates or to obtain a permit.

2017 Tax Fee Schedule

Development Application – Dwelling

Development Application – Outbuildings and Structures

Permit Application – Exterior Repair, Renovation or Driveway Paving